Hiking between snow-white marble and deep blue sea. A dreamy jewel – Thassos.
Hiking on the island of Thassos: Beautiful coastal hikes along picturesque bays, green pine and olive tree forests, impressive monasteries and fantastic views of nearby islands and the glittering Aegean Sea await you. You hike on donkey trails, walk through old mountain villages and learn a lot about olives, flowers, herbs and honey and take a break for a swim at dreamlike white sandy beaches under pines that reach to the sea.
The coastal road stretches about 100 km around the island and you pass picturesque villages, endless sandy beaches, hidden bays and numerous sights. Along the coastal road you can enjoy magnificent views of the sea and fascinating landscapes. And also the many quaint mountain villages in the inland are always worth a visit.
8 days / 7 nights
Number of participants: Min. 8 persons, Max. 16 persons
Price per person in double room, with HB, all activities, without flight 1.087,00 EUR
Surcharge for single room on request
Price valid for the months of May and September
Other dates are possible depending on availability. Please enquire.
We have wonderful mountain and coastal walks. We walk through fragrant pine forests, past plane trees and a rushing waterfall and have wonderful views of the deep blue Aegean Sea. We visit a traditional olive oil press and the beautiful natural swimming pool “Giola”. Furthermore, a coastal hike along the “Aliki Beach” is on the program. There a play of colours of white marble, turquoise sea and dark green pine trees awaits us.
Very interesting is the visit of the archaeological site “Filippi” in Kavala. Around 49/50 A.D. the first Christian community in Europe was founded here by Apostle Paulus. Another highlight: On the approx. 40 minute ferry ride from Keramoti to Thassos we are accompanied by countless seagulls, which can be fed from the air or even from the hand! At the oldest marble quarry in Greece we make a tour through antiquity. Very special experiences are also the visit of the flowery nun monastery “Archangelos Michail” (Archangel Michael) and the visit of a traditional pottery.
We live in a very nice 4-star hotel with pool directly at the sea. There we enjoy a fantastic view of the glittering Aegean Sea during breakfast. In Thessaloniki we spend the night in a 3-star hotel in the heart of the city.
The price is including:
- All transfers on site according to the programme
- 6 overnight stays with breakfast in a double room in a 4-star hotel on Thassos directly by the sea
- 6 greek traditional dinner on Thassos (excluding drinks) in various taverns
- 4 hikes (mountain and coastal hikes) on the island of Thassos
- Visit of the nunnery “Archangelos”
- Visit of a traditional olive oil press
- Visit of a traditional pottery (on request with pottery seminar with surcharge)
- Entrance to archaeological site Filippi with English-speaking guide without guided tour
- 1 overnight stay with breakfast in a 3-star hotel in Thessaloniki
- 1 culinary dinner in Thessaloniki (exclusive drinks)
- Including English-speaking guide
- Including certified hiking guide
The price does not include
- Flight tickets (we can offer flight tickets)
- Travel insurance
- Private expenses
- Accomodation tax
Accommodation tax: Since January 2018 there is a new accommodation tax in Greece. This is not part of our price and has to be paid by the guests directly at the reception of your hotel according to the law.
It amounts with conditions 01.09.2017 per room and night for
2 star hotels 0,50€
3 star hotels 1,50€
4 star hotels 3,00€
5 star hotels 4,00€.
Booking and more information: Contact
Further hiking holidays “My dream for you”: Hiking holidays