Transformation from a pirate base to a hiking paradise – the Greek island of Kythira – one of the birthplaces of Aphrodite, once a Venetian fortress and later a pirate base. Here you will walk in the footsteps of Byzantine, Venetian and British people among castles, caves, ancient villages and beautiful beaches.
Hiking on the island of Kythira: Kythira Island in southern Greece is located at the crossroads of the Greek sea routes. The Ionian, Aegean and Cretan seas meet here. Kythira has a lot to offer in terms of nature and culture. In spring and autumn we experience a diverse landscape with breathtaking flora. One of the best honey of Greece is produced here. On the neighbouring island Antikythira there are more than 30,000 migratory birds in autumn, which are on their migration route from Europe to Africa. The capital Paleochora is a place of legends and ghosts and on our hikes we encounter Greek mythology.
8 days / 7 nights
Participants: Min. 8 persons, max. 16 persons
(MORE OR LESS PERSONS POSSIBLE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFORMATION!)
Price per person without flight with a number of participants of 8 to 16 persons EUR 970,00
Single room surcharge on request.
The price is valid the months May, June, September and October.
Other dates are possible depending on availability. Please inquire for details.
We make lovely hikes on the Greek island of Kythira. We walk past the rushing “Waterfall of Milopotamo”, hike to the “Throne of Aphrodite”, walk on the tracks of the “Beautiful Helene” and take an impressive walk through the ruins of 80 houses and 20 churches and the traditional medieval settlements of Kythira. We will experience magnificent sea views and the smells of thyme and sage. In addition to visiting a traditional bakery and the second highest lighthouse in Greece, we discover Mycenaean tombs and enjoy the breathtaking view from the castle of Kapsali.
- The cave of Agia Sofia (hiding place of Paris and the beautiful Helene from Troy from the Greek mythology)
- Visit of a traditional distillery
- The Archaic Lion of Kythira
- The second largest lighthouse in Greece
- Visit to the beautiful bay of Avlemonas
- Visit of a honey producer
- Visit of a traditional olive press
Our accommodation is a 3-star hotel with pool located on the northeastern side of Kythira Island. All rooms have sea view. In Athens we are accommodated in a beautiful 3-star hotel.
Price is including
- All transfers on site according to program
- 7 overnight stays with breakfast in a double room in a 3* hotel with a fantastic sea view on the island Kythira
- 7 dinners (without drinks) in various taverns on the island of Kythira
- 5 guided hikes
- Including certified mountain guide
- Including all local taxes
Price does not include
- Flight tickets (we will be happy to assist you with flight bookings)
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation tax
Accommodation tax: Since January 2018 there is a new accommodation tax in Greece. It is not part of our price and has to be paid by the guests directly at the reception of your hotel according to the law.
Per room and night it amounts to:
2 star hotels 0,50€
3 star hotels 1,50€
4 star hotels 3,00€
5 star hotels 4,00€
Booking and further information: Contact
Further hiking holidays with “My dream for you”: Hiking holidays