Huge mountains, traditional villages, rivers and lakes, rare plants and animals, picturesque bridges, colourful forests and the UNESCO cultural heritage – the floating monasteries of Meteora. Immerse yourself in unspoilt nature, discover world-famous sights and experience authentic culture and culinary delights at traditional winegrowers.
“Epirus Wine Routes and Meteora Monasteries”: A hiking week for nature lovers, discoverers and connoisseurs around the highest wine-growing region in Greece at an altitude of 900-1050 metres, with 13 local and foreign grape varieties (including the French Cabernet Sauvignon grape variety) and 3 top wineries with 32 labels. The vineyards in the Metsovo region are located directly on the brown bear’s habitat.
Dates according to customer requirements (after inquiry) and availability!
On our 4 hikes we visit the unique source lake of the river Aoos. At an altitude of 2.200 meters we enjoy the fantastic view of the lake. Another hike leads us along the border of the National Park of the Pindos Region and we reach two beautiful alpine mountain lakes at an altitude of 1940 and 1960 meters. A unique experience is also the hike at the Meteora monasteries overlooking the world-famous rocks of Meteora.
It’s another world 1,000 meters above sea level. The city of Metsovo, once a cultural and commercial center for traders and merchants from East and West, is located on one of the most beautiful slopes of the Pindos Mountains, the “crossroads” of Epirus, Thessaly and Western Macedonia. We visit the ancient Dodoni, the oracle of Zeus, where you can also admire the ancient theatre from the 3rd century BC with a capacity of over 18,000 spectators. Other highlights include a visit to the Perama Cave, the lively castle town of Ioannina and its silversmith museum. The wine tastings with our traditional winegrowers, where we can taste high-quality wines, will also remain in your memory.
We stay in a beautiful 4* star hotel in the mountain village of Metsovo, which was awarded the prizes “Traditional Greek Breakfast” and “Traditional Hotels-Audience”. In the hotel’s own restaurant, only dishes prepared with local products are served. Here we can also taste the famous Pindos cheese. The name of this delicious smoked cheese is Metsovone and it is one of the most famous and popular cheeses in Greece. It is said to contain all the aromas of the Pindos mountains.
8 days / 7 nights
Price for a number of participants: Min. 8 persons Max. 16 persons (less or more persons on request)
Price per person in double room 1.289,00€
Surcharge single room 245,00€
- All transfers on site in air-conditioned bus
- 7 nights in a double room in a traditional 4* hotel including Greek traditional breakfast
- 3 dinners (3-course menu) at the hotel in Metsovo
- 4 dinners in different traditional taverns or restaurants of the region
- 3 visits including wine tasting in wineries of the region
- 3 guided hikes in the Metsovo region
- 1 guided hike in the Meteora region
- Visit of the oracle of Dodoni
- Visit to a stalactite cave in the Ioannina region
- Visit to a stalactite cave in the Meteora region
- Visit of two Meteora monasteries
- Visit to a silversmith museum
- German-speaking companion included
- Including local certified guide
- Including all local taxes
Price does not include
- Flight tickets
- Travel insurance
- Private expenses
- Drinks (the wines at the wine tastings are included in the price)
For this hiking trip we recommend the months of October and November.
For booking and further informations please contact us: Contact
Further wine experience journeys with “My dream for you”: Wine tours and day trips